August 18, 2023
Dear Earl Boyles Families,
Welcome to the 2023-2024 school year. I am looking forward to partnering with you in starting the year off strong. I would like to take this opportunity to introduce new staff members at Earl Boyles. Also, I’d like to share some important information to get us started.
You will see some new faces at Earl Boyles this year. It is my privilege to introduce you to the following new staff members:
• Kindergarten: Mikhelle Kim
• Kindergarten: Shannon Peters
• Student Achievement Specialist: Amy Jensen
• Title I Reading Specialist: Crystal LeGallo
• Technology Instructional Assistant: Cindy Canut
• Kindergarten Instructional Assistant: Thuy Nguyen
• Building Instructional Assistant: Jo’el Cato
• Bilingual Liaison: Sun Xin Ye
• Special Education Assistant: Kathleen Robinson
• AFS Instructional Assistant: Mesha Watson
• AFS Instructional Assistant: Bulla Chong-Kainoa
David Douglas School District will continue the tradition of a schoolwide staggered start at the elementary level during the first week of school. This offers the opportunity for students to start the year building authentic relationships, learning our schoolwide expectations and becoming comfortable in the school environment. Earl Boyles students will be assigned one day based on last name/household. Your child’s start date and class assignment were mailed home in late August.
Students will attend only one of the three days the first week of school. Wednesday, September 6th, Thursday, September 7th or Friday, September 8th. These will be typical school days beginning at 9:00 a.m. and ending at 3:30 p.m. There will not be a late start on Wednesday, September 6th. All students will attend school starting Monday, September 11, 2023.
This year Back-to-School Night will be Thursday, August 31st: 5:00-7:00 p.m. This is a great opportunity to meet the Earl Boyles Staff, visit classrooms and tour the school before school starts. View Back-to-School Night flyer
Included you will find some valuable information regarding the start of school. Please read it over carefully. Feel free to call (503) 256-6554 if you have any questions.
We look forward to a wonderful school year. Go Bulldogs! With warm regards,
Earl Boyles Principal