Logging into Google Classroom
For instructions on how to log in, please refer to this document: Login Information
Your child’s classroom teacher has your child’s student ID and password if you are unsure of what it is.
For a video guide:
Chromebook Support Website
Please visit: https://sites.google.com/ddsd40.org/studentdevicepickup if you need help setting up wifi, logging onto a Chromebook, and even switching between multiple accounts on a Chromebook.
You are also able to give a call if you need additional support at: 503.261.8391
Contacting Our School Counselor
Mrs. McHone, Earl Boyles School Counselor
Monday, Wednesday, Friday @ 8:15am-9:15am and Tuesday, Thursday @ 10:30am-11:30am
Ways to contact Mrs. McHone
Email address: email@example.com
Phone: 503-256-6500 extension 8109
Mrs. McHone can speak with students and families via conference call using Google Meet or by phone. To arrange a time to speak with Mrs. McHone, please email her directly (see above) or call her office phone and leave a message. Voicemail will automatically be forwarded to Mrs. McHone’s email.
Four Articles for Families: About Teaching at Home
Understanding the “why” behind teaching practices can help parents create meaningful and effective at-home learning opportunities during the pandemic.
Challenging tasks spur the production of myelin, a substance that increases the strength of brain signals. Here are four strategies to incorporate productive struggle into your lessons.
Activities that incorporate speaking and listening, reading and writing, math, music, science, art, and drama—and are parent-friendly.
Occupational therapists and trauma-informed teachers weigh in on how to create sensory tools and spaces with what you have at home.
Chromebook Pick-Up/Exchange Times and Locations
Families can pick up or exchange a Chromebook at any of the following locations during the times specified below.:
- Every Monday at 1 p.m to 3 p.m. – Alice Ott Middle School, Ron Russell Middle School, Floyd Light Middle School
- Every Tuesday at 1 p.m to 3 p.m. – Gilbert Park Elementary, Earl Boyles Elementary
- Every Wednesday at 1 p.m to 3 p.m. – Gilbert Heights Elementary , West Powellhurst Elementary
- Every Thursday at 1 p.m to 3 p.m. – Lincoln Park Elementary , *Mill Park Elementary (1:00 to 2:30)
- Every Friday at 1 p.m to 3 p.m. – Cherry Park Elementary , Ventura Park Elementary, Menlo Park Elementary
- Every Day (M-F) at 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. – David Douglas High School North Building
- Family drives up or walks up and requests a Chromebook(s)
- The volunteer asks the number of school-aged children in the family. We provide 1 device per every 2 students. (1 or 2 students = 1 computer, 3 or 4 students = 2 computers, etc.)
- The volunteer asks and writes down basic information (Student ID, Student Name or Parent Name and Phone number and the number of Chromebooks the family received).
- The volunteer gives the family a Chromebook(s), a charger, and a print tutorial.
Chromebook Set up Resources
Distance Learning Packet Distribution at Earl Boyles
Every Tuesday at Earl Boyles from 1:00-5:00 Distance Learning Packets will be distributed for families. As of right now our family pick-up time will be from 1:00-5:00, but we may need to modify the time to accommodate families, but for now this is our starting place. I recognize that this change is challenging on many levels, and we need to show grace and patience for each other as we embark on this new journey together. Flexibility and partnerships will be the key to our success on this journey!
Below are additional resources you may find helpful:
- Please remember we have four daily meal sites for our families. And we have four food pantry sites for our community. You can see the locations, times and schedules for all of them here: https://www.ddouglas.k12.or.us/coronavirus-shutdown/food-resources/
- DDSD Website – Family Resources – If you have not already, check out the DDSD’s website and all the resources that are there for families. https://www.ddouglas.k12.or.us/2020/03/family-resources-during-the-coronavirus-shutdown/
Crisis Resource Information
Please refer to this flyer sent out by the David Douglas District for crisis-related info: Link at http://eb.ddouglas.k12.or.us/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2020/04/DD-Crisis-Resource-Info-PDF.pdf